Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 19:49:42 -0600 (CST)
From:      Josh Thomas <jdt2101@ksu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   java jdk1.3 (linux) and forte

I've been using Forte (java ide by sun) on windows machines for awhile
now, and I'd like to
have this ported to all the OS's I am using at the time (NT, NT5,
Redhat 6.2, and Freebsd).  However, I am having a significant amount of
trouble getting the installation to work correctly using the Linux jdk1.3
port.  I have no problems whatsoever with the linux-jdk1.3.0 port, but
when it comes to the forte installation, I get hung about 11% through the
installation, and on installation I get about 5 billion font errors, and
some Java Hotspot errors.  Has anybody worked with Forte on a freebsd
machine from the linux 1.3 jdk, and actually got it to work?  The serious
errors I get on installation are:
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
warning: cannot uninstall alt signal stack
cannot uninstall alt signal stack
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM warning: cannot uninstall alt signal stack

I am still a newbie at java coding, so I'm not sure exactly what this
means.  Is there any help out there, or am I just going to have to
give up and put together something using emacs (Press
"Control-alt-q-f-%" to exit) for a pretty good programming editor?

-Josh