Date:      Fri, 31 May 1996 14:12:02 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        j_orthoefer@tia.net (Joseph D. Orthoefer)
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel config part of /kernel

> Does anybody remember how kernels built with the 1.1.5 release always had
> a copy of its config file tacked onto the binary, that could be viewed
> with a quick "strings /386bsd|more".  Is this something anyone else would
> like to see back in the kernel builds?
>
> Just floating a thought,
> Joseph D. Orthoefer

Me, for one.  I didn't want to see it go -- but it was shot down as a waste
of memory for the stuff to be in there...  I found it useful and we did
it at Pyramid in OS/x.

(How about conditional compilation to config to allow/disallow it)

Bill

 Bill Pechter/Carolyn Pechter  | 17 Meredith Drive, Tinton Falls, NJ 07724,
 908-389-3592                  | pechter@shell.monmouth.com
 I'll run Win96 on my box when you pry the keyboard from my cold, dead
 hands.  FreeBSD, OS/2, CP/M, RT11, spoken here.