Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2000 21:24:52 -0700
From:      "Crist J . Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        Rakesh Thakkar <rakesh@cell-works.com>
Cc:        Mikko Tyolajarvi <mikko@dynas.se>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Setting FreeBSD as Gateway!

On Thu, Oct 12, 2000 at 12:51:23PM -0400, Rakesh Thakkar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have recompiled the kernel after I added those two lines in my kernel.  I
> followed the directions on mostgraveconcern.com/freebsd on how to compile the
> kernel.  After recompiling the kernel, I put the information on my windows 98
> machine and for gateway I put 192.168.1.1.  I still keep getting the same
> message.  Any other help is appreciated.

It really looks like something is wrong with the way the kernel build
is going. You might want to try recording the whole process and
posting it to the list. The keystrokes might be something like,

  # script kernel_bld.txt
  # cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
  # config MYKERNEL
  # cd ../../MYKERNEL
  # make clean depend all
  # make install
  # exit

Then send kernel_bld.txt and the dmesg after a reboot to the list.