Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 00:01:41 +0900
From:      KUROSAWA Takahiro <fwkg7679@mb.infoweb.ne.jp>
To:        larse@isi.edu
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: Re: FreeBSD-4.0 & CS461x & rat/vat

Lars> And this is where it hangs. I doubt this new problem is newpcm related.
Lars> It seems like rat cannot correctly set up the mcast bus between its
Lars> helper processes - have there been multicast/route/network changes
Lars> been committed to -STABLE recently that could explain this?

I suspect recent "delayed checksum" changes in sys/netinet broke
multicast code. I've found multicast loopback packets always dropped
because of bad UDP checksum, but couldn't find out why the checksum
was always bad.

Here is an ad hoc workaround for this problem:

	# sysctl -w net.inet.udp.checksum=0

--
Takahiro Kurosawa