Date:      Thu, 25 Feb 1999 20:09:58 +0100 (CET)
From:      Paul Dekkers <psd@cgu.nl>
To:        Ladislav Kostal <kostal@pefstud.uniag.sk>
Subject:   Limit the logins for a user (sessionlimit)

Hi

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Ladislav Kostal wrote:

| > I know it is possible, but I don't remember anymore: all I want is more
| > than 16 ports for logins since my users eat up ports without leaving
| > one for me :-)
|
| Have you used:
|
| pseudo-device   pty     256

That was the problem. Thank you, but I now still wonder if it's possible
to limit the times users can login. I think I can do it with idled, but
that's a little complicated, I also think that I can do it with
'sessionlimit' in /etc/login.conf, but it doesn't work. I searched the
archives for it, and couldn't find the way to get it working.
How do I get it working? I already tried without cap_mkdb, with new
cap_mkdb, and so on... (Also tried to turn on accounting, but it didn't
help...)

Thank you in advance,
Paul

P.S. I use 3.0-RELEASE