Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 01:13:33 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@freebsd.org>
To:        Nils Holland <nils@tisys.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Documentation on doing CD backups in FreeBSD

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 11:43:46PM +0100, Nils Holland wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> well, recently I posted a message to freebsd-questions, ...
>
> As a result of that, I spent a lot of time last weekend trying all kinds
> of backup utilities for their usability with ordinary CDs (instead of
> tapes, for which these programs were originally designed). I then decided
> to write down my experiences, and probably share it with the rest of the
> FreeBSD community.

It's nice actually...  I only wanted to know, are you writing this
straight in HTML or using SGML->HTML?  Don't waste time trying to
reproduce the exact formatting of the HTML output of the Doc project...

The text seems okay.  It does need some more work, but it's something
that would be nice for adding to the Handbook or at least as an
article in our articles collection, I think.  A lot of people are
using CDR's and CDRW's for backup today, and a small article
describing this, or a section in the Handbook, are certainly a nice
idea.

-giorgos