Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 20:08:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Stan Osborne <stan@craigslist.org>
To:        Laurence Berland <stuyman@confusion.net>
Cc:        billf@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: advocacy/21238: poor performance; missed opportunities

Laurence,

Thanks.  I posted the problem to advocacy because it still is
not clear to me if there is a bug or a user problem.   The very
first response I got was the pr was "closed".  There was not
attempt at an interaction to see how deep I could get into
describing/documenting the problem.

The exact installation and server are now running a Linux build
that is about to go into production.  I'm not sure what has happened
to the FreeBSD installation and the test programs, but I will
look into it.

Stan