Date:      Sun, 10 Feb 2002 00:59:43 -0600
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        John Merryweather Cooper <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Core GNOME distfiles

On 02/10/02 00:09, "John Merryweather Cooper" <john_m_cooper@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> In concept, it sounds good (but then I like having a subdirectory for
> everything and everything in it's subdirectory).  What's the goal of
> this movement?

Simple (hell, at least I think so)  :)

 1.  "Doing our bit" to clean up the mess that is distfiles/*
 2.  Reducing download time for people who compile from source by using
bzip2 distfiles wherever possible
 3.  Follow my prototypical behavior for gnome2, which I imagine will
coexist beside gnome 1.x for some time (ie: lets at least get the current
gnome2 ports up and running so they can be played with by FreeBSD people -
the more FreeBSD people we get playing with it, the more influence the OS
has on the project).

-aDe