Date:      Sun, 2 Jun 2002 19:05:26 -0500
From:      James <oneiros@darkspire.net>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SSL certificates

Thus spake Mark Bojara (mark@mics.co.za):

> This is hardly a FreeBSD question but rather a apache question. Is it
> possible for me to generate my own CA certificate then sign a RA
> certificate with it to not get that option in Internet Explorer asking me
> to accept the certificate everytime I go to the site.

    Yesh.  You'll need to put your CA certificate (not private key)
    somewhere on your website.  x509 format is fine, that'll work with all
    browsers.  Then direct your viewers to it and ask them to trust it.
    When they click on the URI to your cert IE will automatically start a
    wizard allowing them to import your CA certificate.

--
 James <oneiros@darkspire.net>       Nine wolves under an
 uri: http://oneiros.darkspire.net/  elm. Three trout darting in a