Date:      Thu, 24 May 2001 14:20:15 -0400
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfg1+@pitt.edu>
To:        Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPFilter not free software?

Rahul Siddharthan wrote:

Well, you can modify it and distribute it, just talk with the author
first.

> > Don't tell me he also invented freedom! I like free beer, and in this
> > case it comes with source code.
>
> Does it?  Which one?  (assuming, by source code, you mean the detailed
> recipe and method which lets you brew it yourself)

He he...I was referring the GNU explanation of free software.

The recipe for Colombian beer is free...however if you try to sell it
with the brand name you'll surely go to jail. Funny, in PA you don't
find beer in the supermarkets and if you drink in a street you will
get in trouble.

     Pedro.