Date:      Thu, 9 Mar 2000 22:37:09 -0800
From:      "Dan O'Connor" <dan@jgl.reno.nv.us>
To:        "jimmy martin" <hate00@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: makeworld

>im haveing trouble with make world it hangs halfway thru
>I type
>cvsup stable-supfile
>cd /usr/src
>make world
<snip>
>==> Your Makefile has been rebuilt. <==
>==> Please rerun the make command.  <==
<snip>
>What do i need to do to fix this problem?

Did you rerun the make command as the error message instructed? Does it blow
up in the same place?

Did you delete the contents of /usr/obj before running 'make world'?

Are you running 'make world' in single user mode?

What does your stable-supfile look like?

--Dan

**  The thing I like most about Windows 98 is...
**  You can download FreeBSD with it!