Date:      Sun, 03 May 1998 22:24:33 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Nicole <freelist@webweaver.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help...Unexpected inconsistency

Nicole wrote:

> Hello everyone
>  I hope that someone can help me with a weird boot up problem.
>
>  All of a sudden a new computer I was working on refuses to boot. The error on b
> ootup is:
>
> <SNIP>
> Starting reboot .. (Or something to that effect)
> Mounts all drives until....
>
> Cannot alloc 8340481 bytes for typemap
> /dev/rsd1s1c can't check file system
> Unexpected inconsistency
>
> What shell would you like.......(Or something to that effect)

Hi,

I believe this is something to do with the limits set in /etc/login.conf -
you need to increase the limits for the 'daemon' class (have a look at the
root class to see what you can try setting for daemon).

I thought this was fixed with recent versions though?

Maybe someone more knowledgeable will step in... ;-)

Regards,

Karl Pielorz