Date:      Thu, 1 May 2003 22:28:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Bleichert <syborg@stny.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mouse problems

On Fri, 2 May 2003, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
<snip>
> > I've had this happen if the frequencies chosen for my monitor in
> > xf86config are not exactly correct.
>
> Was it also the night before the full moon?  There are all sorts of
> coincidences.  But the monitor frequency doesn't have anything to do
> with this problem.
>
> Greg

Agreed, they seem to be unrelated. But on my old K6-2 550, it's a
repeatable glitch with my monitor and X set to too high a vertical
sync rate and a PS2 mouse. Not sure about the moon that night ;-)

Perhaps it was resource-related, but choosing a lower frequency solved it.

JB

John Bleichert   syborg@stny.rr.com
              http://vonbek.dhs.org