Date:      Tue, 1 Jul 2008 10:01:02 +1000
From:      John Marshall <john.marshall@riverwillow.com.au>
To:        Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
Cc:        freebsd-www@FreeBSD.org, Remko Lodder <remko@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Missing "output" directory in www/en/multimedia build

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008, 07:59 +1000, Edwin Groothuis wrote:
> > make ENGLISH_ONLY=yes CVSROOT=/freebsd/ncvs DESTDIR=/freebsd/www install
>
> Where is your "make all"?
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/the-website-build.html
>
> and then the "make install":
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/fdp-primer/the-website-install.html

Thanks Edwin,

Preceding "make install" with an explicit "make all" does the trick.

Last night I tried commenting out "SUBDIR+= multimedia" in the Makefile and
got a clean build just with "make install". So I was looking at multimedia
as the probable culprit rather than the possibility that I had not paid
close attention to the build documentation. I just assumed that "make
install" would include any pre-requisite targets.

Sorry for the noise.

--
John Marshall