Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:14:06 -0400
From:      "Haulmark, Chris" <chris@sigd.net>
To:        "Riemer Palstra" <riemer@palstra.com>, <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Proftpd rc.d proftpd.sh broken?

No I did not.  The reason was just in case the box reboots randomly
and loads a "broken" script.

I added this in /etc/rc.conf and it worked!

I am confused that it wasn't required for either apache.sh or
the mysql.sh's to be enabled in /etc/rc.conf since I started up
both services without editing the /etc/rc.conf directly from the
/usr/local/etc/rc.d directory.

In other words, I just started up the services then added the required
entries in /etc/rc.conf in case of a box reboot and I wanted the =
services
to resume operation upon boot up.  Proftpd didn't work in this case, =
only
those two others, mysql and apache.