Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 2002 18:45:41 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@HiWAAY.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on a Mac

On Wednesday 21 August 2002 04:17 pm, Derrick MacPherson wrote:
> > If there is any feature I'd like for FreeBSD to have is Apple's
> > Aqua.
>
> Yeah, it's a nice interface, I find it gets more annoying after time
> though. To be honest, my fave interface to any unix I have used so
> far is 4Dwm from SGI. There was a few attempts at creating Aqua for
> Linux, but Apple asked them to stop working on it. Short sighted I
> would think, but what else is new?

I too miss the simple and clean 4Dwm.

But its not just the look of Aqua I desire for FreeBSD, but the whole
shooting match behind it. If FreeBSD had that then all MacOS X
applications should be as easy or easier to port to FreeBSD than Linux
apps are today.

And Apple would have a state of the art x86 platform.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net