Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 1997 12:15:11 -0800
From:      Jon Lustig <jlustig@title9sports.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using FreeBSD as intranet server

I've been looking at products by Whistle communications
(www.whistle.com) and I-Planet (www.i-planet.com).  These are both
FreeBSD boxes that function as routers for dial-on-demand connections to
an ISP and as intranet-type mail & WWW servers.

I've been talking with both of them for a couple of weeks and after
looking at the FreeBSD Web page, I've started to wonder if this isn't
something I could do myself.
I'm not too familiar with UNIX (I know "ls" and "login" and the internet
commands) but I'm really smart and I've worked with a variety of OSs, so
I get the general idea.  What do you think?
        Also, what do you think of using a FreeBSD box in this context?
Does
it make sense to you?

TIA for any advice on this.

jon