Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 14:51:19 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@link.freebsd.os.org.za>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Kerberos build problems

Hi.

I've got a fairly vintage 2.2.5-STABLE machine, and want to build
a later version.

I'm having problems worlding. It keeps dying with Kerberos.
I have cvsup'd the latest sources, and have included
src-crypto, src-eBones and src-secure, and there are files
in those directories (namely crypto, kerberosIV and secure).

I've deleted the crypt, secure and kerberosIV directories,
as well as the obj directory thinking maybe I had some stale
files in there, but it didn't help.

A search for krb_err.h in /usr/src doesn't seem to find it.
Any idea(s) on what I'm doing wrong ?

Any hints would be appreciated.

test -e /usr/src/kerberosIV/lib/libkadm/obj/../../lib/libkadm/kadm_err.et || ln -s /usr/src/kerberosIV/lib/libkadm/../../../crypto/kerberosIV/lib/kadm/kadm_err.et /usr/src/kerberosIV/lib/libkadm/obj/../../lib/libkadm
cd /usr/src/kerberosIV/lib/libkadm/obj/../../lib/libkadm; compile_et kadm_err.et
cd: can't cd to /usr/src/kerberosIV/lib/libkadm/obj/../../lib/libkadm
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
---
Khetan Gajjar (!kg1779)   khetan@iafrica.com (w); khetan@os.org.za (h)
http://www.os.org.za/~khetan  | Finger: khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za
UUNET Internet Africa Support | FreeBSD enthusiast-www2.za.freebsd.org
A computer without Microsoft and Intel is like chocolate cake without
tomato sauce and mustard