Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 1997 12:58:37 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD vs linux

"John S. Dyson" wrote:
> I have been trying to restrain myself, but the personal invectives
> are hard to deal with.  My problem is that I will not be assimulated
> by either Borg1(Microsoft) or Borg2(Linux).  The individual Borg
> call themselves "drones", and there are "thousands" of them.

I, for one couldn't give a tinker's cuss how many lemmings want to jump
over the cliff edge. I am happy with what I have and what I do. Most
importantly, I am very happy with the folk that I am doing it with.

John, all of y'all (is that how you say it?) are doing a GREAT job
IMO, and in the collective opinion of very many people with me at work
who are OS converts --> FreeBSD (from many).

Forget the idiots. There are FreeBSD twits as well.

I go by 3 laws:

1) Do not hit shit; it splatters, and you get your hand dirty.

2) Do not argue with fools; outsiders cannot tell the difference.

3) Smile, it could get worse. [1]

Mark Murray

[1] I did, and it did. :-)