Date:      Tue, 03 Mar 1998 16:18:04 +0000
From:      Mark Blackman <tmb@rcru.rl.ac.uk>
To:        John Soward <soward@uky.edu>
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0-RELEASE?

[redirected to -chat]

John Soward writes:
> will grok...something like an 'enterprise subscription' to the CDs that's more a
> long the line of $1500/year instead of $150?

Does Walnut Creek have a scheme like that? (i.e. some kind of elaborate
mechanism
to make donations look like a product purchase). I know that the Free Software
Foundation takes this approach.

http://www.fsf.org/order/deluxe.html

Basically, you send $5000 and they do the compiling for you plus some
printed manuals.

Perhaps a "deluxe" FreeBSD distribution might be an approach to consider.

* Mark Blackman                                                         *
* Radar Group                                                           *
* Radio Communications Research Unit                                    *
* Rutherford Appleton Laboratory        E-mail: tmb@rcru.rl.ac.uk       *
* Chilton, Didcot                       Tel:    +44-1235-446126         *
* Oxon OX11 0QX, United Kingdom         Fax:    +44-1235-446140         *