Date:      Fri, 4 Jun 2004 12:24:08 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.2.1 SMP problems

"Dave Raven" <dave@raven.za.net> wrote:

> Well all the tests I ran (about 2 memory testers and 2 benchmarks) caused
> the box to die - even the make installs did half the time. Now that I've
> disabled SMP there are no problems, and the same tests are working
> perfectly...
>=20
> The only thing I've changed is the SMP support, and now its been running =
for
> 4 days, before it wouldn't run for 12 hours

You may want to take this problem to hackers@ (with more details about the =
panic
and the hardware involved - the actual panic message and dmesg output) and =
see
if anyone is aware of the problem.

Since 5 is in heavy development, it's possible that this problem has already
been dealt with and fixed in 5-CURRENT.  If not, I'm sure the development t=
eam
would be interested in your assistance in fixing it.

>=20
> Thanks
> Dave
>=20