Date:      Sat, 30 Jun 2007 02:58:59 +0200
From:      cpghost <cpghost@cordula.ws>
To:        Momchil Ivanov <slogster@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gimp grashing: "The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window	parameter)'."

Momchil Ivanov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running FreeBSD 6-STABLE as of Thu Jun 14 13:01:26 CEST 2007, Xorg 7.2
> and the gimp-2.2.15,2 port. I am experiencing the following problem: When I
> create/open a document then select the brush and click in the document window
> gimp crashed with the following error
>

>> space@a144026 gimp$ gimp
>> The program 'gimp' received an X Window System error.
>> This probably reflects a bug in the program.
>> The error was 'BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)'.
>>   (Details: serial 29816 error_code 3 request_code 39 minor_code 0)
>>   (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
>>    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
>>    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
>>    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
>>    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
>> function.) space@a144026 gimp$
>> (script-fu:32342): LibGimpBase-WARNING **: script-fu: wire_read(): error

There was a bug in x11/libX11, which was fixed with
   /usr/ports/x11/libX11/files/patch-src::GetMoEv.c
(IIRC around June 22)

Just update your ports tree and recompile and reinstall
x11/libX11 (e.g. with 'make && make deinstall && make reinstall).
Then this specific bug should go away.

> Does somebody else get the same error? Any ideas how can I fix this?

s. above. :-)

Regards,
-cpghost.

--