Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:31:52 -0600
From:      Nathan Ahlstrom <nrahlstr@winternet.com>
To:        Helen Turner <helent@demon.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Year 2000 compliancy

Greetings Helen,

Helen Turner <helent@demon.net> wrote:
> I have seen your Year 200 compliancy statement on the internet and would
> like further information.  Please would you give me a contact address and
> telephone number.

There really is no official contact address/phone number.  If you
_really_ need this sort of thing, please look at the support options on
http://www.freebsdmall.com/

Otherwise the next best thing (maybe better ;-) is the support which you
will recieve from this mailing list.

> Which versions of FreeBSD are Year 2000 compliant?  Would you send me
> details of the tests that have been performed on FreeBSD and a test
> certificate by fax and post, if available.

All _known_ Y2K problems have been fixed in 2.2-STABLE, 3.1-STABLE, and the
4.0-CURRENT branch.  3.1-RELEASE (possibly 3.0 too?) is the only release
which will have all of these fixes in it.

You can look at some prelimiary results of the FreeBSD Y2K audit at
http://www.freebsd.org/~danny/

Good Luck,

Nathan

--