Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 1999 19:30:53 -0700
From:      "D.M.P." <dmp@aracnet.com>
To:        dwalton@acm.org
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   We have have answers! [Was: Re: praise be to Torvalds?]

Dave Walton wrote:

> This is cute.  Brings a whole new meaning to the concept of
> operating system holy wars.  But why do you suppose they didn't
> base this project on BSD?  We have such an adorable mascot!
>
> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/zd/19990927/tc/19990927332.html

Do they have plans for renaming the SYN flag on IP packets?  Can't
have Good Christian Folk SYN'ing everywhere.

Will they get rid of bash?  The name is violent.  Or will it spawn
a sect of Bourne Again Christians?

Will they rename the superuser account to god?  Will the password
default to stpeter?  Will you be able to talk(1) to god?

Will you be able to finger another user outside of wedlock?

Will you be allowed to frob your bits?

--
"Nothing is more noble, nothing more venerable than fidelity.  Truth
and faithfulness are the most sacred excellences and endowments of