Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 2003 13:03:33 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ceren Ercen <ceren@magnesium.net>
To:        Pete Ehlke <pde@rfc822.net>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bsd daemon chick wallpaper??

*snerk*

I'm still around. And reading -chat drivel, sometimes. :)

After the Great Scattering at Linuxcare (who were actually quite an
awesome company, I still keep in touch with my old hardware-lab
workmates) I retreated to go re-enroll at UC Berkeley. I helped babysit a
large linux cluster there, and worked on my degree again. Unfortunately,
once you've gone from student -> real world, the reverse transition is
difficult and frustrating.

So, I eventually left, dis-enrolled, and soon went to work at Ariba. I've
been here going on 3/4th of a year, now, in ProdOps.

I wasn't able to make it to the most recent BSDCon, and my laptop is Aqua
colored now. But my other machines are generally FreeBSD.

Occasionally I'm sent links to forums mentioning me. It's amusing. 15
minutes, and all. :) Going to Germany to kick a disbeliever in the shins
was particularly fun.

It's a very small world. I'm living in the southbay, and preparing to move
back up to SF. Apartment searching is still a pain.

As for my general life, I am currently suffering a nice sunburn from a
week in the sun, doing Motorcycle Safety Crew for AIDS LifeCycle, a
bicycle fundraiser ride from SF to LA.

http://www.skelly-space.com/trips/alc2/day_7/pages/P6140034_JPG.htm
http://electricrain.com/daniel/pics/2003/lifecycle/DSCN0197.html
http://www.skelly-space.com/trips/alc2/day_1/images/P6070004_JPG.jpg

Things are well. I've been lucky.

- Ceren, who can be found at Defcon, Vegas.