Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:05:12 +0300
From:      Alexey Zelkin <phantom@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jason Watkins <jason_watkins@pobox.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: bugzilla-2.14.1

hi,

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 01:39:13AM -0700, Jason Watkins wrote:

> It would be nice to have this install somewhere besides /data.default, since
> I use vhosts and will have to copy stuff around on each update.
I'm not a ports hacker and not sure about correct way to do it, but will
look into this issue.

> I'm also facing a problem where ./checksetup.pl wants me to run it as the
> web user on the 2nd time through. Except if you're 1/2 sane or use the
> default apache port's settings, user 'www' is /sbin/nologin. I also can't
> seem to coerce it into prompting me for info to set up the maintainer. I'm
> assuming it's stored in mysql somewhere, and I'll have to hack it that way.
This is a Bugzilla way. First run of checksetup.pl is just creates
configuration file which you've to hack away (customize for your system)
and run checksetup.pl again to actually setup bugzilla's environment.

Also this way is works just fine for package users, i.e. require same
actions for people who install from ports and packages.

> I don't want to complain pointlessly. I'm not a perl hacker, but if there's
> any way I could help smooth out the BSD port, I'd love to help.
I think it's more appropriate to ask Bugzilla team about this issue
(http://www.bugzilla.org/)