Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 2008 17:59:22 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Marcus von Appen <mva@sysfault.org>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CALL FOR TESTERS: linux-f8 infrastructure ports

Quoting Marcus von Appen <mva@sysfault.org> (from Wed, 16 Apr 2008 =20
17:24:07 +0200):

> On, Wed Apr 16, 2008, Boris Samorodov wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 08:45:56 +0200 Marcus von Appen wrote:
>> > On, Mon Apr 07, 2008, Boris Samorodov wrote:
>>
>> > [...]
>>
>> > So far all patch sets (from the very first to the very last patch set 5=
)
>> > do not work for
>>
>> > /usr/ports/games/linux-darwinia-demo
>> > /usr/ports/games/linux-uplink-demo
>> > /usr/ports/games/linux-defcon
>> > /usr/ports/games/linux-nwnclient
>> > /usr/ports/games/gish-demo
>>
>> > All of them crash with a segmentation fault. Any hints?
>>
>> Do you by any chance use nvidia card and WITH_NVIDIA=3DYES variable?
>> I myself can't use google-earth because it segfaults while it
>> is reported to work fine for other users.
>
> Yes, I do use a nvidia card. Sorry for mnot mentioning that :-).
> Maybe some issue with the libglu/libgl linux ports?

Hardware accelerated 3D does not work ATM. We need someone looking =20
into updating the corresponding linux port in a suitable way. AFAIR =20
this involves taking some source, massaging it somehow, compiling it =20
on linux and then making a tarball. Any chance you volunteer to have a =20
look into this? Nobody else is doing this ATM.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #34: