Date:      Sun, 27 Sep 1998 22:43:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Stefan Molnar <stefan@csudsu.com>
To:        chas <panda@peace.com.my>
Cc:        Mr Fluffy <guitar_guru64@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Networking Freebsd ???????

cahs, Are you sure that was a good idea?  Haveing a net connection or
not, you will have the telnet line in your inetd.conf.

Fluffy, did you setup an IP for your network card?  If so then you are
set.  If not, find out the driver id for your card (as is vx0 or ep0)
then edit your /etc/inetd.conf like so

ifconfig_ed0="inet 10.0.0.11    netmask 255.255.255.0"

Then make the win9x machine default gateway your FreeBSD machine.
Then you will be able to telnet to your FreeBSD machine by IP
number.  If you want DNS, you can look at the FreeBSD handbook on
seting up a mini-DNS server.

Stefan