Date:      Mon, 31 May 2004 09:32:21 +0100
From:      "Carla Neves" <carla.neves@nereus.pt>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Freebsd - Mail configuration and syntax

Dear All,
I would like someone to give me some good tips to configure my email
on Freebsd v4.9, to send/receive messages. I would like to use what I
have already installed: sendmail, mailx. I went through the Freebsd
manual but I coulnd't find any tips for the syntax of
sending/receiving emails, just the sendmail configuration. So I would
apreciate your help to give me the good steps for:

1- Configuring sendmail (although is already in the manual)
2- Syntax used to send email (with examples would be great).
3- Syntax to see the received emails.

I went through the man pages of mailx and sendmail, but they seem not
to be very userfriendly for someone who is quite knew configuring
email on Freebsd. So could you please help me?

Thanks in advance!
CN