Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 11:00:15 +0100
From:      Andras Olah <olah@cs.utwente.nl>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/netinet tcp_output.c

On Wed, 17 Jan 1996 01:35:31 PST, Andras Olah wrote:
> olah        96/01/17 01:35:28
>
>   Modified:    sys/netinet  tcp_output.c
>   Log:
>   Be more conservative when T/TCP extensions are disabled.  In particular,
>   do not send data and/or FIN on SYN segments in this case.
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.18      +14 -1     src/sys/netinet/tcp_output.c

>From now on, people should have now problems when using our T/TCP
aware finger to query hosts with broken TCP implementations provided
that net.inet.tcp.rfc1644 is off.  I'd like to ask people, however,
not to switch it off by default.  If you encounter problems, please
send me a note so that I can collect information about
non-conformant TCP implementations and eventually find a way to make
vendors fix their TCPs.

For people, who want to know more about T/TCP, I recommend Rich
Stevens' TCP/IP Illustrated Vol. III.  Rich also maintains a T/TCP
homepage at http://www.noao.edu/~rstevens/ttcp.html.

Andras