Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2001 16:21:17 +1100
From:      Stephen Ware <steve@inserted.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problems with getty after make world

G'day again,

I've just upgraded from a 4.0-release system, and after rebooting I get
this
error message:

init: can't exec getty 'usr/libexec/getty' for port /dev/ttyv0' No such
file or directory

This is repeated all the way through to ttyv7.
I've tried to install world again, run MAKEDEV, and rebuild getty but this
hasn't seemed to help. After searching the mailing lists and google, there
was a few other posts about this, but I couldn't find any replies that
would
help me with the situation.
All files listed in getty(8) exist and seem to be fine.
I'm not looking forward to rebuilding the world since this is a low machine
and took me about 7 hours to build, so if anyone has a fix for this, it
would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Stephen Ware
steve@inserted.net