Date:      Thu, 09 Jul 1998 23:14:09 -0400
From:      Andrew Arensburger <arensb@cfar.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2.2.6 wants to boot from wd1 instead of wd2

	[Executive summary: how do I boot from 1:wd(2,a)/kernel by
default?]

	With any luck, this is a rather simple question (though it
doesn't seem to appear in the FAQ).
	I have two IDE disks. The primary master has one partition,
with Windows on it. The secondary master also has one partition, with
FreeBSD 2.2.6.
	When I boot, I go through booteasy's prompts, then get to the
"boot: " prompt. At the top of the screen, it says that by default,
it'll boot from "0:wd(1,a)kernel" (IIRC), that is, the primary IDE
slave.
	I want it to boot from the secondary master. If I enter
"1:wd(2,a)/kernel" at the "boot: " prompt, it comes up just fine, but
for obvious reasons, I don't want to have to type that in every time I
boot :-(
	Any suggestions?
	Thanks,

--
Andrew Arensburger, Systems guy		Center for Automation Research
arensb@cfar.umd.edu			University of Maryland