Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 2001 10:32:28 -0700
From:      "Chad R. Larson" <chad@DCFinc.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Jo=E3o_Fernandes?= <OpsyDopsy@netcabo.pt>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing FBSD through diskettes?

On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 02:27:37PM +0100, Joćo Fernandes wrote:
> Is there any available distribution of FBSD in diskettes?  I was
> wondering how could I install it in a portable PC without CDrom :-/

Does your portable PC have a parallel (printer) port?

If so, and you can borrow a desktop PC that has a CD-ROM drive, you
can do a network install.

Connect the portable to the desktop with a parallel
cable between the printer ports.  Then when you boot the floppies on
the portable, select the option to install from the network, and
then select the PLIP (parallel port internet protocol) method.

You'll also need to NFS export the CD-ROM drive on the desktop, and
enable its parallel port interface.

	-crl
--
Chad R. Larson (CRL15)   602-953-1392   Brother, can you paradigm?
chad@dcfinc.com         chad@larsons.org          larson1@home.com