Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:32:39 -0500
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "Brendan McAlpine" <bmcalpine@macconnect.com>
Cc:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: stray irq message

This has nothing to do with the printer.
I have the printer and it's irq disabled in the pc bios and
removed from the kernel and I still get it. It comes out
when either an external or internal modem is used. This has
been around for many many years and makes FBSD look like an
inferior operating system. There has been more that enough
time to correct this bogus message. Just because it causes no
outward errors is not an acceptable reason to let it continue
year after year and release after release. If you want a good laugh
read the FBSD FAQ on the irq7 message.

If everybody would submit a software bug report maybe the
pressure of notoriety will get some action.

Go to http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html and report it. I have.

Lets get it fixed in 5.0 when it comes out.
Let the maintainers know what you think.

You the users have a voice, let it be heard.