Date:      Sat, 19 May 2001 18:44:32 -0700
From:      "R.P. Aditya" <aditya@grot.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   APM under 4.3 wakeup freezing NEC Versa 5060X

My NEC Versa 5060X running 4.3-RELEASE goes to sleep succesfully when I issue
a "zzz" or "apm -z", however I can't wake it up by pressing any of the keys on
the keyboard. I have to hit the power button to wake it up, at which point it
brings up the screen, but it is frozen (doesn't take any keyboard input or
ctrl-alt-delete). I've tried removing all pccards, and killing all but the
minimum of processes to no avail.

I have the following in my kernel:

  device          apm0    at nexus? flags 0x20

and it looks good on bootup:

  apm0: <APM BIOS> on motherboard
  apm: found APM BIOS v1.2, connected at v1.2

and when I run apm, I get:

  > apm
  APM version: 1.2
  APM Managment: Enabled
  AC Line status: on-line
  Battery status: high
  Remaining battery life: 100%
  Remaining battery time: unknown
  Number of batteries: 1
  Battery 0:
          Battery status: high
          Remaining battery life: 100%
          Remaining battery time: unknown
  APM Capacities:
          global standby state
          global suspend state
          resume timer from suspend

Any hints? I've made the BIOS settings for APM management as vanilla as
possible...

Thanks,
Adi