Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2006 22:25:40 +0100
From:      Chris Whitehouse <chris@childeric.freeserve.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   portmanager and linux-flashplugin6 removed

Hi

I've just cvsup'ed ports and run portmanager -s. Part way through it
asks me if it can remove linux-flashplugin-6.0r79_3 because of the
licencing issue. When I say no portmanager quits. Actual output below.

1) Would it be possible for portmanager to at least allow me to complete
the status request?
2) Since I installed linux-flashplugin-6.0r79_3 before macromedia
changed the licence shouldn't I be able to keep it?
3) Is the FreeBSD project required to make sure that I remove this port
as opposed to bringing it to my attention that I may be legally required
to remove it?

Thanks for enlightenment

Chris

linux-flashplugin-6.0r79_3 /www/linux-flashplugin6 is no longer in the
ports collection, see /usr/ports/MOVED
this port must be removed for portmanager to continue
is it OK to remove linux-flashplugin-6.0r79_3 from your system?
(yes/no/auto yes to all) [y/n/a] [y]
Will timeout after 5 minutes and default to [Y] if no selection is made
you will have to deal with this manually then, portmanager shutting down