Date:      Sat, 10 Jan 1998 11:48:32 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        thysge@charon.valueweb.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Getting rich with FreeBSD (was: Help me with my system!)

On Fri, Jan 09, 1998 at 01:26:13PM -0500, thysge@charon.valueweb.net wrote:
> I am creating a system to get rich.  Can you help me?

Sure, that's what we're here for.

> My friends say I can get rich on the internet, but my mom says that
> only lusers try these scams.

What would your Mom know?

> If you want to help, send me your money.

Sorry, FreeBSD-questions is run by volunteers who don't have any
money.  We can give you some advice, though:

1.  Get 10 copies of FreeBSD, along with the book "The Complete
    FreeBSD".  FreeBSD is a very unreliable operating system, and
    you'll need at least 10 CDs to find one that works.

2.  Make a boot floppy.  If you can't figure out how to do this from
    the book (which isn't too good either), then take one of the CDs
    and force it into your floppy drive.

3.  Turn the system power on, and try to boot.  It probably won't
    work, especially if you used the CD-ROM (recall: they're not very
    reliable).

4.  Remove the disk drive and unscrew the cover.  You can find the
    screws easily: they're under the stickers "Warranty void if
    removed".

5.  To repartition the disk, take a fine knife and score each surface
    to divide the areas you want for FreeBSD and anything else you may
    want to do with the machine.

6.  Replace the disk in the computer.  Turn on the power.  If it
    doesn't work now, remove the processor.  It's probably in the
    wrong way round, so turn it through 90 degrees and replace.  If
    it doesn't fit, it's probably because the pins have been bent
    through being installed wrong in the first place.  Don't worry,
    they're not very strong.  A firmer push will probably do it.

7.  Turn on the power.  If you have been following these instructions
    to the letter, it still won't work.  In fact, it will never work
    again.

8.  Go away and leave us alone.

Greg