Date:      Fri, 01 Mar 2013 22:17:20 +0100
From:      Koop Mast <kwm@rainbow-runner.nl>
To:        Dmitry Marakasov <amdmi3@amdmi3.ru>
Cc:        svn-ports-head@freebsd.org, Eitan Adler <eadler@freebsd.org>, svn-ports-all@freebsd.org, ports-committers@freebsd.org, marcus@FreeBSD.org, gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: svn commit: r313123 - head/graphics/liblqr-1

On 1-3-2013 21:11, Dmitry Marakasov wrote:
> * Eitan Adler (eadler@freebsd.org) wrote:
>
>>> -USE_GNOME=     glib20 pkgconfig
>>> +USE_GNOME=     _glib20 pkgconfig
>> The use of a "_" prefix implies that this is private to the module
>> which declared it and it should not be used in this context.
>>
>> If some ports require a 'lesser' version of glib20 then it should be
>> renamed to not imply its privateness.
> Yes, I've had this in TODO, to discover why glib20 implies extra depends,
> and why "real" glib20 is named _glib20.
>
> Seems like this change was introduced quite some time ago
>
> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/Mk/bsd.gnome.mk?r1=209646&r2=209647
>
> Marcus, Gnome guys?

_glib20 came into being to allow gio-fam-backends to build. That port
depends on gamin which needs glib20 to build. And I don't see any point
to monkey around with it at this time. This is because in glib 2.36
_glib20 will go away. Thats not the version I'm currently testing for
merging into ports. It still in development upstream.

-Koop