Date:      Thu, 1 Feb 2001 02:18:08 +0100 (CET)
From:      Reddy Crashalott <autoretributionmeowbot@free-N0rp.netscum.dk>
To:        reel@idemnia.ath.cx
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: watchdog bugging us.

[disclaimer: this is an invalid sender and return address; replies
 should be posted to the list or perhaps better not posted at all,
 finally i am rid of that cursed e-mail reachability, free at last]

:: When i do tail -f /var/log/messages, it gives me this.
::
:: Jan 31 15:03:49 beta /kernel: xl0: watchdog timeout
:: Jan 31 15:04:24 beta last message repeated 6 times

I've seen this on questionable HP NetSwerver hardware, that you may
be able to solve by either trying your xl ethernet card in a different
PCI slot, or in your BIOS doing something about the IRQs.

By doing the latter, I got things to work without problems, while
otherwise things were unacceptably bad or stopped working totally
after a short time, depending on which of several flavours of NICs
I was using.

barry bouwsma (no e-mail yet), formerly of tdc a/s danmark