Date:      Fri, 8 Jan 1999 09:45:55 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Lanny Baron <lnb@cybertouch.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   popper

Hello FreeBSD'ers,

After installing 3-0 and trying to get popper to run, I constantly get
"bad password" from any user with a win box. It shows on setup that it is
using

cc -c -I. -I. -O -pipe -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSETPROCTITLE -DKEEP_TEMP_DROP -DBSD44_DBM
-DBIND43  -DBULLDB -DNONAUTHFILE='"/etc/ftpusers"' -DSKEY pop_rpop.c -o pop_rpop.o

APOP is enabled.

And after reading some docs it appears that the APOP may be the thing that is not
allowing me to have popper just look at passwords somewhere other that /etc/ftpusers.
Can anyone tell me how to fix this. I have looked at the Makefile but I dont know how
to disable the APOP. If in fact that is not my problem, please tell me where I am going
wrong.

Thank you in advance,

Lanny Baron