Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:34:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <wiliweld@wiliweld.com>
To:        FreeBSD <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   [pcmcia] No mac address  ?

Hello, After getting my 3c589 (pcmcia) card to show up via the
recompile of the kernel, I used /stand/sysinstall to configure the
IP address but `ifconfig -a` shows no mac address while the output
of /var/log/messages shows ep0 as having "00:60:97:47:b8:b3" as it's
address.

This is my first FreeBSD-4.2 install on this new Toshiba-1715_XCDS
and the machine is triple booted with Linux, Win, and FreeBSD. The
network card works fine otherwise with the other two OS's.

I enabled the card with the following line in the new kernel file as
the address was reported during the boot.

device	ep0 at port 0x240 irq3

--
Bill Schoolcraft
PO Box 210076