Date:      Wed, 04 Dec 1996 14:03:13 -0600
From:      Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley216.res.iastate.edu>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Possible file system damage..

I've just build another SMP kernel with APIC_IO and SMP_INVLTLB, and so far,
everything seems to be working just fine. :)

The only thing that bothered me was this message I got upon booting the SMP
kernel:

Dec  4 12:17:46 friley216 /kernel: bad block 2240515, ino 20
Dec  4 12:17:46 friley216 /kernel: pid 112 (kvm_mkdb), uid 0 on /var: bad block

I looked at the code, and this looks as if ffs tried to use a block outside the
limits of the file system.  This sounds to me more like a file system problem,
but I thought I'd check here first.  It doesnt sound like it hurt anything, but
it does worry me a bit.  Somehow, invalid data got into in inode on a file
system that was cleanly mounted and unmounted.

--Chris Csanady