Date:      Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:50:03 -0500
From:      Jerry Bell <jerry@reillyplating.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adding a pnp device id

Where would I look to add a pnp id number for a modem that is not being
detected during the pnp device probe at boot?  I have tried putting it
in the pnpdata file and sio.c, (remaking & reinstalling afterward), but
the modem still is not detected.  The modem is detected by the bios and
displayed on the list after the post.

I am running 4.0 current, built from last weekend (2/7/99).  I have
tried this on several different pc's with different motherboards with
the same results.

Thank you,

Jerry Bell