Date:      Fri, 16 Jul 1999 17:40:48 +0200
From:      Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any experience with T3/HSSI cards and FreeBSD?

--=====================_27675955==_.ALT

www.lanmedia.com has HSSI-to-CompactPCI interface cards with hotswap.   see:

http://www.lanmedia.com/prod09.htm

Putting together a hotswap PCI mainframe is another issue I'd like to see
discussed in the FreeBSD-as-border-router area.

Len

===========

>Okay then :-)  Bearing in mind the environment cards like this
>are normally used in, is there any means of hotswapping this type
>of device like there would be with much of the dedicated router
>hardware?

has HSSI-to-CompactPCI interface cards with hotswap.&nbsp;&nbsp; see:<br>
Putting together a hotswap PCI mainframe is another issue I'd like to see discussed in the FreeBSD-as-border-router area.<br>
Len<br>
are normally used in, is there any means of hotswapping this type <br>
of device like there would be with much of the dedicated router<br>
hardware?</blockquote></html>