Date:      Sat, 29 Apr 2000 01:35:04 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        brett@lariat.org (Brett Glass)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com (Terry Lambert), damien@tougas.net (Damien Tougas), freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD salary formula and a low key sales pitch...

> >Sales pitch:
> >
> >If you have been thinking about moving to the bay area...
> >
> >IBM has excellent benefits, educational reimbursement for post
> >graduate level study, sabbaticals, 401K matching, and a sick
> >leave policy that would permit a person with a doctors note to
> >miss up to 12 months in any 24 month period, if necessary.
> >
> >We (Whistle Communications, Inc.) are a predominantly FreeBSD
> >shop within IBM.  We not only need good people and are willing
> >to pay for them (stock options are a 1:20 lottery, whereas a
> >higher base salary can be invested however you like, at whatever
> >level of risk you like, instead of betting the farm that your
> >startup will IPO before it burns all its cash), we also need
> >people to help spread the BSD gospel to the rest of IBM.  8-).
>
> All sounds good.... But what if folks want to live someplace
> really NICE, like Laramie?

I believe we are open to telecommuting, for reasonable
definitions of that.  You'd probably have to fly in for
two (or three) weeks to start, and then be willing to do
some phone/video conference time, telephone calls with
team meetings and your manager, and occasional fly ins
(at least once a month, perhaps more frequently, if there
were a lot of meetings because a project was kicking off
or nearing release).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---