Date:      Fri, 18 Mar 2005 17:50:06 GMT
From:      weechris <islandsoul@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/78339: BTX loader crashes on boot on HP Proliant DL140

The following reply was made to PR i386/78339; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: weechris <islandsoul@gmail.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:43:40 -0800

 Can anyone tell me if this problem is the result of a spurious interrupt?

 We seem to have much better luck booting with the network cables disconnected.

 I'm wondering if the problem is that a Wake-ON-LAN interrupt or other
 interrupt arrives before the boot loader has a chance to install
 interrupt handlers.
 However, even disabling WOL in the Broadcom config screen and disabling PXEboot
 does not prevent the problem from happening.

 we're trying to follow up with HP as well.

 The problem occurs more frequently under bios 04502T03

 than bios 3304T03 2/2/2004.

 we have it happening on at least 3 DL140s.

 -chris