Date:      Fri, 4 Feb 2000 14:39:56 +0200 (EET)
From:      andy <andy@moldnet.md>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound Blaster Pro

I've been using my Sound Blaster Pro card since FreeBSD 2.2.7
and it's been working perfectly for a long time.

For now I'm trying to get it working with FreeBSD 3.4
but it doesn't work properly.

My kernel configuration contains
controller snd0
device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 7 drq 1
and with this configuration my blaster was happy under FreeBSD 2.2.8

but now (FreeBSD 3.4) at the boot time it complains
sb0 at 0x220 irq 7 drq 1 on isa
NOTE! SB Pro support required with your soundcard!
snd0: <Sound Blaster Pro 3.2>

Moreover, while starting mpg123 I get multiple messages like
SoundBlaster: DSP command(0xd4) timeout. IRQ conflict ?
(even though it gets started and plays after these messages)

But some times it won't start at all!
complaining about
Sound: DMA (output) timed out. IRQ/DRQ config error?
And that time it's imposible to get it playing for a few minutes
and it takes me many attempts to get it started normaly

Believe me, I have this card configured properly.
It's an old card configured by jumpers, so I'm sure about the card
configuration.

It works fine with 2.2.8 in the same configuration.

Please, help me out.