Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:12:56 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Paul Herman <pherman@frenchfries.net>
To:        John Turner <john@drexeltech.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Q: which version is most stable for a server

On Wed, 9 Aug 2000, John Turner wrote:

> My question:  the latest FreeBSD versions were released just last
> week.  Which FreeBSD version is the most stable for this server?

There was discussion about this when 4.0 was released and many people
felt that 4.0 was the most stable x.0 release ever, and was just as
stable, if not more stable, than the 3.x branch.

My $0.02: 4.1 is definately ready for prime time, and I consider
myself rather conservative (one who would use 3.x just for stability's
sake.)

Hats off to the commiters for keeping the -STABLE branch stable. :)

-Paul.