Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 1998 11:11:06 -0300
From:      daniel_sobral@voga.com.br
To:        mike@smith.net.au
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: uiomove()

> > what's the point of an encryption card if you can't
> > have multiple processes > acesses it, at least
> > "transparently" in parrallel?

> I dunno,

File encryption. The card will be part of multiple level of encryptions (I
know, this doesn't increase security, but it wasn't my idea).

> but the card in question performs stream, not block
> encryption, and there is no mechanism (that Daniel
> seems to know of anyway) to recover context from
> the card to allow switching streams.

There is no way at all. My questions on the device go directly to the
people that created it. As well as my recommendations for their next
project... :-)

--
Daniel C. Sobral                      (8-DCS)
Daniel_Sobral@voga.com.br

Tagline:
   * FreeBSD. Earth.