Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 2020 13:14:05 -0500
From:      William Bulley <web@umich.edu>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   lang/python37 fails to build on RPi2 running 12.1-RELEASE

I am running 12.1-RELEASE on a Raspberry Pi (version 1.1? -- not 1.2)
Model B with one GB of memory, and have successfully built 39 ports so
far, but in attempting to build the security/denyhosts port (which
depends on python) using portmaster(8), I get the following error at
the very end of the build:

  ====> Compressing man pages (compress-man)
  ===>  Installing for python37-3.7.6
  ===>  Checking if python37 is already installed
  ===>   Registering installation for python37-3.7.6
  pkg-static: Unable to access file /usr/ports/lang/python37/work/stage/usr/local/lib/python3.7/lib-dynload/_ctypes.so:No such file or directory
  *** Error code 74

  Stop.
  make[1]: stopped in /usr/ports/lang/python37
  *** Error code 1

  Stop.
  make: stopped in /usr/ports/lang/python37
  root#

I have a very recent /usr/ports directory downloaded using svnlite
just this past week, so I have to believe the ports are up-to-date.

There doesn't seem to be any discussion that I can find with searchs
using such terms as "python" and "_ctypes.so" and the like which may
have given me a clue as to what is happening here.

I tried a second time by changing to the /usr/ports/lang/python37
directory and running: "make MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes install clean"
but I end up with the same error.

Have I left something out, am I doing something wrong?  A friend who
is running 12.1 on AMD has built lang/python37 successfully and has
both the "_ctypes.so" and the "_ctypes_test.so" files on his system.

I only have the latter in my "work" directory build area.  Can anyone
point me to a solution to this annoying problem?  Thanks in advance.

Regards,

web...

--

72 characters width template ----------------------------------------->|